As you begin to engage with others in this place, we have a few things for you to keep in mind. Please read through the following expectations for involvement. Thanks! We look forward to your contributions!
Starting a Discussion 📝
Want to start a new discussion? Great! Please keep the following points in mind:
- Quickly search the forum for a few keywords related to your topic. It could be that such a discussion has already begun.
- Give it a good title! You'll connect with more people if your title makes it clear what you want to talk about.
- Choose the right tag(s). This will increase the likelihood your post will be read.
- Don’t post new discussions repeatedly about the same topic.
- Remember, you don't need to sign your posts. We've got your profile to let us know who you are.
Replying in a Discussion 💬
Thank you for taking the time to participate in a discussion! To encourage meaningful conversation, consider the following when replying:
- Always remember that the intent of this forum is to build community and introduce new tools. Remain civil and constructive.
- Don't reply to a title. Read the original post, and at least scan the rest of the conversation first.
- Ask yourself if your reply would add to the discussion. If it doesn't, give it some more thought before posting.
- Avoid making one-word posts just to agree with someone; you can use reactions for that.
- If your reply is likely to divert the course of the discussion, consider starting a new discussion instead.
Be smart. Be civil. If we need to exercise moderation privileges, we may edit or delete any content that we deem unfit for the community goals. We also retain the right to suspend accounts.